Carpets will suffer stains anytime anyhow it’s for us to prevent them. Many kinds of stains can cause permanent damage and decolourisation of carpet fibres. Some of the most disgusting and damaging stains are the stains of oil or wax. Oil stains can leave a permanent spot on the carpet and this oily spot will trap a lot of dirt. Oil stains will soon turn dark and black by trapping a lot of dirt dust and debris. The oily fluid will also weaken the carpet fibres leading to damage. It is highly advisable that you treat the oil stains asap so as to prevent them from damaging. Old and stubborn stains can be taken care of by hiring professional assistance of Professional Carpet Cleaning Canberra. We are also providing you with a simple DIY for getting rid of oil stains from the carpet in no time.
Things You Will Need Are:
- Spare Clothes or cleaning papers
- Carpet stain removing soap or detergent
- CornStarch or Baby powder
Follow These Steps
- Step 1: If the oil is stain is dried you need to freshen the stain by adding some glycerine to it and then start Carpet Stain Removal.
- Step 2: Use absorbent clothes or paper and dab the stain repeatedly to soak in extra oil or glycerine which will make carpet oil stain removal easier.
- Step 3: now pour some cornstarch or baby powder over the oil stain extensively. Brush the stain repeatedly to remove extra oil and loosen up the carpet fibres. Let the powder further rest on the stain for a while.
- Step 4: Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the cornstarch from the stain and if the stain is deterrent or large repeat the step number 2 again
- Step 5: Now use detergent or any oil removing soap and rub it over the stain. Add some water and use a brush or a toothbrush to gently brush the stain repeatedly. Keep brushing till the darkness fades away and oil stains disappear.
- Step 6: Gently wash the now cleaned stain with some soap and wet cloth and let the stain dry it out now.
- Step 7: For faster and effective drying of the carpet you can use two towels. Put the towels above and below the stained wet part and press them. Keep pressing and extract all the water and moisture. Leave the carpet in some air.
Professional Assistance of SK Carpet Cleaning
Simple and small oil stains can be treated by following the above DIY. But old stubborn and complex oil stains may require professional assistance. SK Carpet Cleaning Melbourne is an age-old brand that will deliver the best Carpet Oil Stain Removal service for you. We will get rid of any kind of oil stain from the carpet effectively. Hire our Carpet Oil Stain Removal service at affordable costs anywhere in town today.